Cosmetic or decorative contact lenses are the contact lens that changes the looks of your eyes. These lenses make your eyes to look in different colors of pupils and also different shapes that you may have eyes like any cartoon or any film character like. They change the effects of your eyes. This lens seems to be a sort of fun or harmless. But they can destroy your vision if not placed correctly. As everything having beneficial effects may have some disadvantages, so in the case of cosmetic lenses.
Cosmetic contact lens is the cheapest way for making your looks more sophisticated and unique. They can easily be handled any safe to use if, used with precautions. They can pose harmful effects, like their unsafe use may cause corneal abrasions, eye allergy, itching, redness of the eye, and eye infections. Also, improper use may cause complete or partial blindness. These must be used by proper hygiene, size, and with the consultation of an optometrist. Avoid excessive use of the lens, wearing time may not exceed 8hrs. So, if you want to wear a lens of your choice you can wear it for beautiful looks, but after precautions. Just apply it and have an awesome look
There are a lot of benefits of cosmetic contact lenses.
- They provide a sophisticated and unique look to your eyes without spending any extra money. They change your looks in a very simple way.
- They are safe to carry in daily routine but special attention is required to wear the lens.
- If you have vision issues, a cosmetic contact lens is also available for resolving eyesight issues while providing you with an awesome and unique look simultaneously.
- They don't produce glare in presence of bright light, therefore, are comfortable to use.
- They are easier to carry, provide more natural and clear vision, along with providing a handsome look to your eyes.
- Cosmetic contact lens is comfortable to wear, no matter which color they have, they just adjust with the pupil of the eye and move accordingly along with eye movements.
- The color of the cosmetic contact lens may not interfere with the visual clarity and the effects of the colors of the surrounding. Also not interfere with the accommodation power of the eye. The colors will interfere with the surrounding colors if the lens is made in such a sense for particular eyesight problems as suggested by the doctors.
Wearing cosmetic lenses have serious risks as seen with contact lens:
- If not placed correctly, they may cause any cut or scratch (Corneal Abrasion) on your eyeball.
- Lenses may cause allergic reactions to sensitive eyes like itching and watery red eyes.
- You may suffer from decreased vision, infection, or even blindness if you cannot take care of proper hygiene or not practicing proper wearing the lenses
You must be aware of the signs of eye infection which include redness, eye pain that persists for a long period, and most importantly decreasing vision.
- Cosmetic contact lens, if used for eyesight errors correction, it should be used after consultation with an eye consultant. It should not be used if they are not prescribed by doctors for the eye condition of the person.
- It is sometimes recommended that the timing of wearing a cosmetic contact lens should not be exceeded 8 hours.
- If you see any issue regarding your eye health, for wearing the lens, you should be conscious about that and better consult any optometrist.
- You should have proper information about how to wear lenses and you should be pretty cautious about hygiene. The lens you choose for wearing must be according to the size of your eye (pupil).
- Avoid excessive and unsafe use for better eye health.